Saturday, April 9, 2011

Furnished Apartments for Rent

I work in a consulting job that requires me to travel around a lot. When I am working with a client, I may have to stay in a certain place for several months at a time. When I first started out, I would stay in a hotel but that got really tiring pretty fast. In a hotel, it is pretty cramped and you do not feel like it is a home. That was why I decided it would be better if I leased short term furnished apartments for rent.

A furnished apartment would be the best choice for me because I do not plan on buying any furniture. On my next business trip I began searching for apartments in the city. I began my search online using websites such as Craigslist. I like this particular website because there are a lot of private landlords that list their units for rent there. I was able to find a few units that were furnished. These types of units usually cost more than unfurnished units but that is ok with me because my company is paying for it. I think that finding a furnished apartment is more difficult than finding empty apartments. That is because you have to find a place where the furnishings suit you. I went to check out several apartments but none of the furnishings appealed to me.

Next, I decided it would be easier if I got a realtor who dealt with property management to help me find what I want. So I found a local realtor and told him that I wanted a furnished place and also the style of the furnishing that I wanted. Within a week, he contacted me and told me about a place that was up for rent. I went to take a look at the place and it was exactly what I wanted. It was close to my client’s office and was furnished with my taste. I immediately put my application in for the apartment.

1 comment: