Saturday, April 9, 2011

Studio Apartments for Rent

I used to live in a pretty large one bedroom apartment. All of that changed when I lost my job and could not afford the rent any longer. I was able to find another job later on but it did not pay very well. Thus, I had to move to a less expensive place. All the one bedroom apartments in my city were out of my range. I had to settle for studio apartments for rent.

Studio apartments are basically one room apartments where the kitchen, living room, and bedroom are all in one room. There are no walls to separate them. These types of apartments are usually for single people that want to save money on rent. A good thing about studios is that it is convenient since everything is in one room. The bad thing about studios is that there is no privacy. If you have guests over, they would see everything in your apartment. Studios are also smaller than one bedroom apartments so you would not be able to invite many friends over.

At this point, space did not matter much to me. I only needed a place to stay that was within my budget. I looked online on such websites like rent.com to help me find an apartment. I did find many studios within my price range and made an appointment to go see them. These apartments were pretty basic. They had a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Some of them had washer and dryers too. The studios definitely felt pretty cramped though. I figured that this was only for a short term. Once I get a better paying job I would find a bigger place. Other methods you can use to find a studio apartment is looking through apartment finding magazines that you can get at grocery stores. There are so many sources out there that you can use to help you find the right place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment